Assalmwalekum my dear brothers and sisters, here you will get the PDF and MP3 download of Surah Ghashiya. Surah Ghashiya is the 88th surah of the Quran Majid, and it holds a special place for Muslims due to its message and themes.
In this article, we will explore the Surah Ghashiya, its context and ayats, and what lessons it teaches to humanity.
Surah Ghashiya was Makki surah, the surah was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) when he faced the intense opposition and persecution from the Quraysh Tribes in Makkah. The time was of great hardship for the Muslim community who faced the situation. This surah served as a reminder of the consequences of human behavior and the day of judgment.
- Surah Ghashiya In Arabic
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- هَلْ أَتَاكَ حَدِيثُ الْغَاشِيَةِ
- وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ خَاشِعَةٌ
- عَامِلَةٌ نَّاصِبَةٌ
- تَصْلَى نَارًا حَامِيَةً
- تُسْقَى مِنْ عَيْنٍ آنِيَةٍ
- لَّيْسَ لَهُمْ طَعَامٌ إِلاَّ مِن ضَرِيعٍ
- لا يُسْمِنُ وَلا يُغْنِي مِن جُوعٍ
- وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ نَّاعِمَةٌ
- لِسَعْيِهَا رَاضِيَةٌ
- فِي جَنَّةٍ عَالِيَةٍ
- لّا تَسْمَعُ فِيهَا لاغِيَةً
- فِيهَا عَيْنٌ جَارِيَةٌ
- فِيهَا سُرُرٌ مَّرْفُوعَةٌ
- وَأَكْوَابٌ مَّوْضُوعَةٌ
- وَنَمَارِقُ مَصْفُوفَةٌ
- وَزَرَابِيُّ مَبْثُوثَةٌ
- أَفَلا يَنظُرُونَ إِلَى الإِبِلِ كَيْفَ خُلِقَتْ
- وَإِلَى السَّمَاء كَيْفَ رُفِعَتْ
- وَإِلَى الْجِبَالِ كَيْفَ نُصِبَتْ
- وَإِلَى الأَرْضِ كَيْفَ سُطِحَتْ
- فَذَكِّرْ إِنَّمَا أَنتَ مُذَكِّرٌ
- لَّسْتَ عَلَيْهِم بِمُصَيْطِرٍ
- إِلاَّ مَن تَوَلَّى وَكَفَرَ
- فَيُعَذِّبُهُ اللَّهُ الْعَذَابَ الأَكْبَرَ
- إِنَّ إِلَيْنَا إِيَابَهُمْ
- ثُمَّ إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا حِسَابَهُمْ
- Surah Ghashiya In English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Hal ataaka hadeesul ghaashiyah
- Wujoohuny yawma ‘izin khaashi’ah
- ‘Aamilatun naasibah
- Taslaa naaran haamiyah
- Tusqaa min ‘aynin aaniyah
- Laisa lahum ta’aamun illaa min daree’
- Laa yusminu wa laa yughnee min joo’
- Wujoohuny yawma ‘izin naa’imah
- Lisa’yihaa raadiyah
- Fee jannatin ‘aaliyah
- Laa tasma’u feehaa laaghiyah
- Feehaa ‘aynun jaariyah
- Feehaa sururum marfoo’ah
- Wa akwaabum mawzoo’ah
- Wa namaariqu masfoofah
- Wa zaraabiyyu mabsoosah
- Afalaa yanzuroona ilalibili kaifa khuliqat
- Wa ilas samaaa’i kaifa rufi’at
- Wa ilal jibaali kaifa nusibat
- Wa ilal ardi kaifa sutihat
- Fazakkir innama anta Muzakkir
- Lasta ‘alaihim bimusaitir
- Illaa man tawallaa wa kafar
- Fa yu’azzibuhul laahul ‘azaabal akbar
- Innaa ilainaaa iyaabahum
- Summa inna ‘alainaa hisaabahum.
The Opening Ayats Of Surah Ghashiya
The surah holds a very important message, it opens with a detailed description of the day of the Judgement. On the day of Judgment Earth will tremble, and mountains will fall. The people will be divided into groups or jamat according to the deeds they have done in the world. Those among them who did good will find their deed placed in their right hand, which symbolizes success and salvation, and for others who did bad deeds, their records were placed in their left hand.
The Inner Message Of The Surah Ghashiya
The inner and core message that the surah carries revolves around the consequences of the actions that one did in this world and hereafter. It stresses the importance of good deeds which is done and faith in Allah SWT. The surah serves as a strict warning to those who are against Allah’s will and guidance and live life of arrogance and full of sin.
The Three Categories, Groups, Or Jamat
In Surah Ghashiya the three categories that are described according to their deeds are:
- The Companions Of The Right Hand
These are the people who led a righteous life, according to Allah’s will believed in Allah, and did good deeds. They will be rewarded with Paradise and eternal bliss.
- The Companions Of The Left Hand
These are the ones who ignored Allah’s guidance, rejected faith, and committed evil deeds. They will face punishment and misery in the Hereafter.
- The Foremost
This group consists of the earliest converts to Islam, those who endured the most significant trials and tribulations for their faith. They will be in the highest ranks of Jannat.
A Lesson Of Humanity In Surah Ghashiya
Surah Ghashiya provides essential lessons for humanity:
It emphasizes that every individual well-being is accountable for their actions in this life and will be recompensed accordingly in the Hereafter.
The Value of Good Deeds
Good deeds, faith, and righteousness are the keys to success in the Hereafter and will take the person to Jannah.
Even for those who have committed sins, there is an opportunity for repentance and turning back to God’s guidance.
The Surah mainly focuses on the importance of humility and submission to Allah’s will rather than arrogance and pride.
In conclusion, Surah Ghashiya is a powerful reminder of the Day of Judgment and the consequences of one’s actions. It urges individuals to lead a life of righteousness, faith, and good deeds, in preparation for the Here after. It serves as a timeless source of guidance and reflection for Muslims and all those seeking spiritual insight.